- Some users have reported that the volume control buttons are not working properly in Windows 10.
- To fix this problem quickly, consider using a dedicated equalizer.
- Another way to adjust the volume is to use the hardware volume buttons.
- You can also use the volume control icon to adjust the volume on your PC.
xINSTALL BY CLICKING THE DOWNLOAD FILE
This software repairs common computer errors, protects you from file loss, malware and hardware errors, and optimizes your PC for peak performance. Fix PC Issues & Remove Virus in 3 Easy Steps Now:
- Download Restoro PC repair toolthat comes with patented technologies(patent availableon here).
- give clickstarts scanningto find Windows problems that might be causing your PC problems.
- give clickrepair everythingto fix problems affecting the security and performance of your computer
- Restoro was downloaded from0this month's readers.
Windows 8 or Windows 8.1, Windows 10 is a new operating system and you think everything has changed.
Adjust volume and bring up onscreen UI in Windows 8, Windows 10Volume is as easy as Windows 7.
In previous versions of Windows, most users knew exactly where to find the volume control icon (on the taskbar) and where to go if they wanted to adjust settings in more advanced ways.
In Windows 8, the location of the volume control in Windows 10 can be confusing at first. With the advent of the Metro interface, users trying to locate these resources are faced with a dilemma.
Despite this, after playing around with Windows 10 and Windows 8 for a while, users will be able to change the volume quickly.
Note that this also applies to Windows 10 and Windows 8.1; So if you've recently upgraded, you can still use this method to adjust the volume.
Errors that may occur when adjusting the volume
Adjusting the volume on your PC is important, but users reported a number of issues when trying to adjust the volume on their PC:
- Windows 10 volume control missing, gone- Many users have reported that the volume control option is missing on their PC. This is most likely not a serious problem, but it will prevent you from adjusting the volume.
- Adjust volume Windows 10 dimmed- Several users reported that volume levels are greyed out on their PCs. This can be a big problem and prevent you from changing the volume on your PC.
- Volume control buttons do not work- Many users use keyboard keys to adjust PC volume, but sometimes they don't work properly. This is usually caused by outdated or corrupted drivers.
- Volume control does not open, is not displayed– This is another common problem that can occur with volume control. Users have reported that the volume control does not appear or open on their PC.
How to increase the volume on the computer
We'll show you five methods to adjust the volume settings on your device. You can do this with your keyboard, mouse or even third party apps. If you encounter any of the above errors, use a third-party option to adjust the volume.
1. Use keyboard keys
If you prefer to increase the volume using the keyboard, you can do so without any problems.Pressing the hardware volume buttons. However, this option only applies to those who actually have media keys on their laptop or keyboard.
1. Open your PC.
2. Make sure the keyboard is connected and working properly.
3. Look for media keys on the keyboard that have a speaker above them. They are usually in the top row.
In our example they areF3(to increase the volume) andF4(to turn down the volume).
4. Locate orfnkey on your keyboard. It should be on the lower left.
5. To increase the volume, you need to press the button at the same timeFn + F3Key. Depending on the multimedia volume up button, you can replace itF3here with this key.
6. If you want to decrease the volume, press the buttonFn + F4buttons at the same time. Here you can replaceF4with the key corresponding to the multimedia volume down key.
If you have a Windows laptop or Ultrabook, you may find a mute button on your keyboard. Activating this button has the same effect as described above: the volume overlay appears on the screen and you can move the volume with the mouse pointer.
2. Use the volume control icon
Some PC problems are difficult to solve, especially when it comes to corrupted repositories or missing Windows files. If you are having trouble correcting an error, your system may be partially corrupted.
We recommend installing Restoro, a tool that will scan your computer and identify the error.
Click hereDownload and start repairing.
Another way to adjust the volume on your PC is by using a volume control icon. This is probably one of the easiest and quickest ways to adjust volume. To change the volume using the volume control icon, simply do the following:
- click nocontrol the volumeicon in the lower right corner.
- Now you will see a new window where you can adjust the volume. Just click on the volume bar to adjust the volume to the desired level. If you want to adjust the volume, you can also use the mouse wheel to gradually adjust the volume.
As you can see, this is one of the easiest and fastest ways to adjust the volume on your PC. Although this method is easy, you cannot adjust the volume of individual apps.
3. Use o Mixer de Volume
If you want to adjust the volume for individual apps, you can do that with the volume mixer. This is a great feature because it allows you to adjust the volume of individual apps on your PC.
This allows you to turn down the volume of your favorite game and turn up the Skype volume to hear your friends better. Of course you can adjust the volume via your PC with the volume mixer. To access the volume mixer, simply do the following:
- Right click on thecontrol the volumeicon in the lower right corner and selectOpen volume mixermake menu.
- Now you will see the list of open apps along with their volume levels. If necessary, you can adjust the volume for each individual application on your PC. All volumes are independent of each other, so changing the volume in one app doesn't affect other apps. If needed, you can also mute a specific app directly from the volume mixer.
This is the most advanced method that you can use to adjust the volume of your PC. This method might not be as quick as the previous one, but you can change the volume for each app individually, so we definitely recommend trying it out.
- Fix: Windows 10 volume control not working in taskbar
- "Check your network settings and try again" Skype error
- Missing shortcut in File Explorer: 3 quick fixes
- How to show file extensions in Windows 10 [DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS]
4. Use a special equalizer
If you are unable to adjust the volume on your PC after trying all the above solutions, please use third-party equalizer software. We recommend Boom 3D for Windows 10. The main purpose of this tool is to clean and improve the sound of your laptop or PC. By using the advanced features, you can adjust the volume.
First of all, it has a powerful equalizer that anyone can easily use. You'll find a bunch of presets that you can use, or you can create your own presets from scratch. This feature is very useful especially when you don't have clear sound. You can also add special effects to the presets to make them sound exactly how you want them to.
Another important feature that can help you in this situation is the choice of output device. You can choose the headphone type and customize the sound to suit your body type. This function is not needed for regular speakers, because you can do it simply through the equalizer.
We highly recommend that you try this software on your PC and let us know how you use it to customize your sound.
5. Use the software or driver
Users often use third party software to adjust the volume on their PC. Many audio drivers and sound cards install their own volume control software that allows you to adjust the volume.
Third-party software works similarly to Volume Mixer, so you won't have any trouble adapting to it. It's worth noting that the third-party software also supports various volume enhancements, so you can easily add various effects if needed. In addition, these tools have built-in equalizers that allow you to adjust their volume.
You can even save multiple sound and equalizer settings and switch between them with a single click. Third party solutions are perfect if you are a power user and want to tweak your sound.
However, for most regular users, Volume Mixer should provide more than enough control over your volume levels.
As you can see, there are many different methods you can use to adjust the volume on your PC. The fastest method is to use dedicated media keys on your keyboard, but not all keyboards support this feature.
You can always use the volume slider icon, but if you want to adjust the volume for individual apps, we recommend using the volume mixer.
Let us know in the comments section below if you have any questions on this topic.
This article covers:Subjects:
- Windows 10 manuals
This page was helpful
There are 1 comments
Leave a message
- Method 1. Install Sound Booster to Windows 10.
- Method 2. Download the Boom 3D Sound Enhancer.
- Method 3. Use Windows 10 Loudness Equalizer Alternative.
- Method 4. Get a FxSound Application.
- Method 5. Increase Volume in Google Chrome.
- Final thoughts.
Click Hardware and Sound. (3) Click Sound. (4) Click Speakers and then click Properties at the bottom right of the Sound dialog. (5) In the Speakers Properties dialogue box, click the Levels tab, and then drag the slider under Realtek HD Audio output to adjust output sound volume.What are the shortcut keys for volume control? ›
For instance, common hotkeys for volume control are Fn + F5 for volume down and Fn + F6 for volume up.How do I fix the volume control on Windows 10? ›
Check to make sure your audio devices aren't muted and haven't been disabled. Select and hold (or right-click) the Speakers icon on the taskbar, and then select Open Volume mixer. Note: If you don't see Speakers displayed, it may be in the overflow area. Select Show hidden icons to check there.How do I turn off Volume limiting? ›
Go to Settings > Sound (or something to that end) > Volume, and, if available, tap the three-dot menu in the top right, then select More options or Media volume limiter or tap the radio button to turn the feature On.How do I remove Volume limits in Windows? ›
Press Windows + X and select Control panel. Drop down the options in view by and select category. Click on Hardware and Sound, Click on Adjust System Volume under Sound. Under Main Volume, move the slider up or down to raise or lower the volume.How do I make my volume more than the max? ›
- Open the Settings app on your Android device.
- Tap on "Sounds and vibration."
- Tap on "Volume."
- In the upper right corner of the screen, tap the three vertical dots, then tap "Media volume limiter."
- If your volume limiter is off, tap the white slider next to "Off" to turn the limiter on.
Depending on your Android model, it may say "Sound & Notifications," "Sound & Vibrations," or something similar. Tap Volume. This displays a series of slider bars you can use to adjust the volume on your Android device. Drag the slider bars to the right to increase the volume.How can I make my computer super louder? ›
- Open your Control Panel.
- Select “Sound” under Hardware and Sound.
- Select your speakers, then click Properties.
- Select the Enhancements tab.
- Check Loudness Equalization.
- Click Apply.
Fn + / (F3/F4)
Press the button repeatedly to adjust the volume level of the built-in speakers and the headphones. See Adjusting the Speakers Volume for more information. To decrease the volume, press the Fn+F3 keys.
Use the keyboard volume control on your PC or laptop
For instance, you might have to simultaneously press the Fn + F8 keys to increase the laptop volume on the keyboard shown below. To turn down the volume, press the Fn + F7 keys at the same time. The mute volume keyboard shortcut is Fn + F6.
All you have to do is look on your keyboard and search for any key with a padlock symbol on it. Once you've located this key, press the Fn key and the Fn Lock key at the same time. Now, you'll be able to use your Fn keys without having to press the Fn key to perform functions.How do I restore volume control? ›
In the Taskbar menu under the Notification area, click on the Turn system icon on or off. A new panel will display where you can toggle on/off the various system icons. Make sure the Volume control toggle is set to ON. Restart Windows and see if the sound icon is back in the taskbar.How can I fix my volume? ›
- Press a volume button.
- At the right, tap the Menu . If you don't find Settings, go to the steps for older Android versions.
- Slide the volume levels to where you want them: Media volume: Music, videos, games, and other media. Call volume: Volume of the other person during a call.
By default, Volume limit is turned on for safety reasons. If you feel that the volume of the plugged headphones or your own headphones is not loud enough for you even with the volume level set high, you can turn this setting off. Important: Listening at a high volume for a long time may damage your hearing.What does volume limit do? ›
The Volume Limit setting lets you change the maximum volume output to your earbuds or headphones. The actual sound pressure level that you experience depends on several factors: the music you're listening to, how it was recorded and encoded, the type of earbuds or headphones you use, and their placement in your ears.What is set volume limit pin? ›
The Media volume limiter feature on your phones or tablets prevents the volume from rising above a set level to protect your ears from hearing damage. The limitation is only applied when you use headphones or Bluetooth speakers, and can be protected by a PIN.How do I force a higher volume in Windows? ›
In Windows 10 there is a separate “Enhancements” tab under “Speaker Properties.” Check and apply the “Loudness Equalization” box. Working with audio enhancements will boost the sound even further, which should hopefully make it loud enough for you to hear!Why is my max volume so low windows? ›
In Speakers Properties window, you can click Advanced tab, and click the drop-down icon under Default Format to select the highest sound quality. Click Apply and click OK to apply the sound settings. Check if it fixes the Windows 10 volume too low issue.Why is my highest volume so low? ›
If your phone speaker volume remains low even after turning the volume to the highest, your phone speaker may be clogged. The speaker usually has a net mesh covering it, and if this becomes clogged with dirt and/or oils, it reduced the sound that comes out of the speaker. To fix this, you have to clean the speaker.
The function keys or F-keys on a computer keyboard, labeled F1 through F12, are keys that have a special function defined by the operating system, or by a currently running program. They may be combined with the Alt or Ctrl keys.What does Fn F5 do? ›
With single-color keyboard backlight keyboards, FN+F5 plays and pauses audio in supported programs (e.g., Windows Media Player). With multiple backlight colors (RGB) keyboard, FN+F5 changes the lighting mode. The lighting modes include solid color, rainbow effect, color change, zone mode, and breathing.What is F1 key used for? ›
F1: Opens the Help system for the active window. F4: Creates a new document in programs that support this command. Starts the Web browser and goes to the Microsoft Office Web site. (This is not available on all keyboards.)Can you extend volume on Windows 10? ›
Select and hold (or right-click) the volume that you want to extend, and then select Extend Volume. If Extend Volume is grayed out, check the following: Disk Management or Computer Management was opened with administrator permissions.How do I turn up the master volume in Windows 10? ›
- You can click Start -> Settings -> System -> Sound, and click App volume and device preferences.
- Then you can control the master volume or adjust the volume of particular app and system sounds.
- In this window, you can also select the default Output and Input audio device.
As here is no unallocated space after the C partition drive, so extend volume greyed out. You need to have an “unallocated disk space” to the right of the Partition\Volume you wish to extend on the same drive. Only when “unallocated disk space” is available “extend” option is highlighted or available.Does Windows 10 have volume control? ›
The classic Volume Mixer in Windows 10 and Windows 11 allows users to change the audio volume for the entire system or only for certain apps. To access it, open the Control Panel, and go to Hardware and Sound. Then, in the Sound section, click or tap the “Adjust system volume” link.How can I increase the volume without pressing the function key? ›
All you have to do is look on your keyboard and search for any key with a padlock symbol on it. Once you've located this key, press the Fn key and the Fn Lock key at the same time. Now, you'll be able to use your Fn keys without having to press the Fn key to perform functions.Why is my Windows 10 volume so low? ›
In Speakers Properties window, you can click Advanced tab, and click the drop-down icon under Default Format to select the highest sound quality. Click Apply and click OK to apply the sound settings. Check if it fixes the Windows 10 volume too low issue.Why is my computer so quiet at full volume? ›
You may need to go into system settings and open the “Volume Mixer.” On Windows PC laptops, you can navigate quickly to this setting by pressing WIN+R on your keyboard and typing “sndvol” + ENTER. Once you're in the volume mixer center, there should be different options for speakers, as well as different system sounds.
What is a master volume? A master volume basically allows the user to turn up the pre-amp section while controlling the signal going to the power amp thus controlling the overall volume of the amp. In a non-master volume amp this control does not exist.Can I increase master volume? ›
Click the Start button, and then click Control Panel. In the Control Panel window, click Hardware and Sound. In the Hardware and Sound window, under Sound, click Adjust system volume. In the Volume Mixer window, in the Device box, click and drag the slider up to increase or down to decrease the volume.How do I change my audio settings? ›
- Press menu, and then select Apps & More > Settings > Sound.
- Navigate to the setting you want to change, and press ok. The options for that setting appear.
- Scroll up and down the list to select the desired option, and then press ok to set it.