Written byAdam|November 28, 2022|the blog|0|
Want to print large sublimation images but don't have a commercial printer? Don't worry, you can still get great results with a Cricut machine! In this blog post, we'll show you how to print large sublimation images on Cricut using the Print & Cut feature. We also share some tips to get the best results. Let's start!
Printing large sublimation images on a Cricut device is easy, but there are a few things to know before you get started. First, make sure your image is high resolution and at least 300 DPI. The higher the resolution, the better the print quality. Then open your design in Cricut Design Space and zoom in on the image until it is the desired size. Then select "Mirror" to print your image upside down.
This is important because sublimation ink is thermally transferred to the substrate and your image will be upside down if it is not reversed. Finally, select "Print" and choose your printer settings. Be sure to select "Sublimate" as the media setting, then load the paper into the printer. Once everything is set up, simply click print and your large sublimation image will print perfectly on your Cricut machine.
- How to print large sublimation images using the detailed Cricut method
- draw the image
- Prepare the Cricut machine
- print the image
- Prepare the Cricut EasyPress machine and place the protective sheet
- Set the transfer paper and press on the device
- Remove the print and chill.
- How to use Cricut Design Space for sublimation
- How do I print sublimation images larger than 8.5" x 11" on Cricut?
- Tips and tricks to get the best results.
- frequent questions
How to print large sublimation images using the detailed Cricut method
If you want to print large images on your Cricut device, you must have the necessary equipment and supplies. This includes a heat press machine, sublimation ink cartridges, printer paper, and a Cricut mat. Once all the materials are ready, you can start configuring the printer to print on the desired paper. Follow the steps below to print large Cricut sublimation images.
draw the image
The first step is to design the image you want to print. You can use any software or program that supports a vector file format, e.g. B. Adobe Illustrator, Inkscape and CorelDraw. You must also save your design as a .svg or .dxf file format for Cricut to recognize it.
Prepare the Cricut machine
Once you have your design, you need to set up your Cricut machine by making sure it's loaded with the correct consumables, like an inkjet printer and sublimation paper. You can find these items at most craft stores or online retailers.
print the image
Now is the time to print your image! In Cricut Design Space, select the Print & Cut option. Then upload your design and Cricut will automatically print it onto the sublimation paper. You can also set the size of the image to be printed before printing.
Prepare the Cricut EasyPress machine and place the protective sheet
Preheat your Cricut EasyPress according to the manufacturer's instructions. If you use an iron, set it to the highest setting that is safe for the target you are transferring to.
Place your blank on the protective sheet that comes with the EasyPress mat. This will help prevent damage to the countertop or table. If using an iron, place a piece of parchment paper over the stencil to protect it from any moisture the iron might release.
Set the transfer paper and press on the device
Place the transfer paper face down over the blank. If you use an iron, make sure the waxed side of the transfer paper is facing up so it doesn't transfer onto the white. Place your EasyPress on the transfer paper and apply pressure according to the manufacturer's instructions for the recommended amount of time. If using an iron, press firmly and hold for 30 seconds to 1 minute before moving on to another area.
Remove the print and chill.
After the recommended time has elapsed, remove the EasyPress or iron and allow the mold to cool completely before removing the backing paper. Your design should now transfer to your blank space! If there are areas that don't appear to have been fully transferred, you can replace the transfer and apply more heat for a few seconds until it is fully bonded."
How to use Cricut Design Space for sublimation
To use Cricut Design Space for sublimation, you must follow these steps:
- Create a new project:First, create a new project in Cricut Design Space. Select the "Sublimation" option from the project list and select the type of material you want. You can also choose a pre-made layout or create your own using the provided tools.
- Select the Print and Cut option:When you are happy with your design, select the print then cut option and upload your design to Cricut. You must choose the large or small size in which you want your image to be printed.
- Prepare your printer and sublimation paper:You need to prepare your printer with the right sublimation ink and paper. Once you have everything ready, print your design. Now is the time to cut with the Cricut machine.
- Crop the image:In Cricut Design Space, select Crop and follow the instructions to crop your image. After the drawing is cut out, you can begin to transfer it to any blank surface.
How do I print sublimation images larger than 8.5" x 11" on Cricut?
You can print larger sublimation images from Cricut using a compatible roll of sublimation paper with the desired image size and a compatible printer. You can adjust the settings in Design Space so that your image fits within the maximum printable area. After your image is cut out, use an EasyPress or an iron to transfer it onto your blank.
Tips and tricks to get the best results.
- Make sure your printer is set to the highest quality setting when printing your design.
- Be patient and allow EasyPress to fully warm up before transferring the design.
- Always use a protective film when using the EasyPress to avoid damaging the countertop or table.
- If you use an iron, make sure the waxed side of the transfer paper is facing up.
- Peel off the backing paper slowly and evenly to avoid damaging the design.
What kind of software do I need to create my sublimation prints?
You can use any vector-based design software like Adobe Illustrator, Corel Draw, and Inkscape to create the design you want.
What is the maximum size that I can print my Cricut sublimation images?
The maximum print size of your Cricut sublimation images is determined by the length of the sublimation paper roll and the maximum printable area of your printer.
Sublimation printing with Cricut is a great way to create unique, personalized items with your own images or designs. With the right materials, a compatible printer, and Cricut Design Space, you can easily print large sublimation images and transfer them to any blank surface. Just remember to follow the instructions carefully, set up your printer and materials correctly, and use the right tools for the best results. With a little patience, you can create beautiful and long-lasting sublimation projects. And if you have any questions about printing large sublimation images on Cricut, please comment below.